Search This Blog

Monday, January 13, 2014

Transitioning

Through The Years - 1996 to 2012

Transitioning.

According to The Free Dictionary: It is "the period of time during which something changes from one state or stage to another".

I am changing. I am transforming. I am metamorphosing.

It is awkward. It is beautiful. It is difficult. It is liberating. It is painful. It is freeing.

2002 - 2012
It is a mixture of all emotions and it is not without a great deal of effort that I am transitioning from "controlling woman" to "peaceful wife."




There are days when I feel so tight and wound up inside. When I seemingly want to get ahead of myself, of my husband, and God again.

There are days when I feel like want to "lead" again so that developments will be faster, since I know I am quite efficient in most things.

There are days when I feel a bit fearful of what still lies ahead.

But, those days are only few and far in-between, thank God.
On most days, I am happy simply being still.

On most days, I just revel in the quietude of my spirit.

On most days, I just bask in the peace that I have been experiencing since September 2013, after letting go and letting God reign.

Documenting my 4th pregnancy -- 2012-2013

They say that the only thing that is permanent in life is CHANGE.
Nothing and nobody can stay the same. 

People change.
Careers change.
Feelings change.
Lives change.
Seasons change.

                                                            Ecclesiastes 3:1-22 (part)
"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; "

December 2013

In this season of my life, since the start of my respect journey (to God and to my husband), there are still many things I do not know. But, one thing  I do know is that I NEVER want to go back to my former prideful, controlling, dominant self ever again. That phase was exhausting! My spirit was restless.There was simply no peace.

As I transition from career woman to stay-at-home mom and/or housewife; from employee to businesswoman; from controlling to submissive; from home leader to my husband's helper; from restless to peaceful... I take comfort knowing that in the many changing seasons of my life, God is CONSTANT.


                                                                                   


                                                           Hebrews 13:8
            "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

And this new and renewed spirit brought about by my submission to God and to my husband, is the PERFECT GIFT for this season in my life. Him Who never changes, has CHANGED me, and I am forever grateful to Him for it. :) All praises go to Him Alone!
First Family Picture as a Family of 6 - Mothers' Day 2013

                                                 James 1:17


17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

May we all be richly blessed! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. I would love to discuss things with you. :)