There is a dearth of godly women mentors in the whole world, period. :(
ME, MYSELF and I, then that is where the problem lies.
I only found peace and joy in this season of my life, AFTER I found God, and let Him take control of all aspects in my life.
I found my authentic self, AFTER I got to know the Lord as Who He was/is, not What I thought He was/is, through the Bible.
I found my purpose/s in life AFTER I submitted unto the Lord.
I found my purpose as a person, wife and mother AFTER I submitted to my husband, as unto the Lord.
|Whitney Houston in Cosmo|
Good riddance, really!
Two short weeks after submitting to Dong, I "chanced" upon April Cassidy's blog, The Peaceful Wife. That's a "divine appointment", right there! This further reinforced for me, that I was on the right track in my respect and Biblical submission journey. Since then, April has been a good friend and my Titus 2 mentor too, in this narrow path that we tread, along with other Peaceful wives, all over the world.
“The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.”
to not be reviled or blasphemed:
- to be sober
- to love our husbands
- to love our children
- to be discreet/self-controlled
- to be chaste/pure
- to be keepers/to be busy/to be working ... at home
- to be good
- to be obedient to our own husbands
22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
- God the Father (Who is Sovereign over all)
- Jesus Christ (Who submitted to the Father)
- Husband (Who submits to Christ)
- Wife (Who submits to Christ first, then, to her husband)
submit FIRST to Jesus.
- To be sober (We do our best to moderate all our behavior, including not being addicted to wine or alcohol/spirits, and instead fill ourselves up with the Spirit as we read God's Word.)
- To love our husbands (We love our imperfect husbands with the love of the Lord.)
- To love our children (We love our very energetic and oftentimes naughty children, with the love of the Lord.)
- To be discreet/self-controlled (We ask God to take control of our lives, while we do our best to practice self-control on our sinful thoughts and behavior.)
- To be chaste/pure (We do our best to hold every thought captive for Christ the moment a temptation crops up, so as not to sin.)
- To be keepers/to be busy/to be working ... at home (We embrace our God-ordained roles within the home with much peace and joy, accepting it as God's Will for us that to take care of our families is our utmost priority, even to the point of having to give up a very busy career, if it goes against that priority.)
- To be good (We try to be "perfect" as our heavenly Father is perfect, knowing all good comes from God, and all we have to show for is our sins.)
- To be obedient to our own husbands (We respect and obey our God-ordained authorities not because they are always right or perfect, but because we know that God will manifest His Will for us by directing us and our paths, through our errant husbands. The only time we can choose NOT to obey our husbands is when they are leading us to sin against God Himself. Then, we have to choose to obey God, and not Man, but we still do so respectfully. Acts 5:29)
Good thing if it is only us whom we may put in a bad light, but if it is God's Word we are maligning, yikes! We are walking FALSE ADVERTISEMENTS. We are doing God a disservice! They see us and our "good works", but they DON'T see God. :(
|Do you believe in Oprah's quote? |
How about Matthew 16:26's "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul?
Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?" Which one is more true for you?
And definitely, not some blogger like me!!!
I decrease in order for God to increase.
All errors, mistakes, imperfections are mine.
All Wisdom, Knowledge, Inspiration are God's.
So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, 'We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.'"
If you are already a godly older woman who could mentor and share so much wisdom with the younger ones, do so now, dear sister in Christ. Do not hold it in! The world needs more of YOU! :)