Saint Paul further stresses in his letter to the Romans that:
Bureau of Internal Revenue (for Filipinos) -
|Kim Jacinto Henares is the Philippines' Bureau of Internal Revenue Commissioner.|
2. Wives are under the authority of their husbands -
|My husband is my authority in marriage.|
3. Children are under the authority of their parents -
|As parents, we have authority over our children.|
|The sad state of affairs in our country|
|With my sister Erica and my late father, Ruben - April 17, 2004|
As per what was written in St. Paul's epistle to Ephesians, a "wife must see to it that she respects her husband" (Eph 5:33) because "the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior." (Eph 5:23)
English Standard Version (ESV)
Half a century ago, a handful of determined women set out to achieve a philosophical and cultural revolution. Convinced that women needed to throw off the shackles of male oppression, they wrote books, published articles, taught college courses, marched in streets, lobbied Congress and in myriad ways succeeded in capturing the hearts and minds of millions of women.
Voting for women was one of the great things the feminist movement has achieved. Sadly, it has gone way out of hand, usurping now God-ordained roles that brought true freedom for us as biblical women.
They redefined what it means to be a woman and tossed out widely-held views of a woman's priorities and mission in life. Concepts such as virtue, chastity, discretion, domesticity, submission and modesty were largely eliminated from the vocabulary, and replaced with choice, divorce, infidelity, and unisex lifestyles. The daughters and granddaughters of this "new" view of womanhood have never known any other way of thinking.
One of the most devastating objectives of the this "new" view of womanhood has been to demean marriage and motherhood and to move women -- both physically and emotionally -- out of their homes and into the workforce.
Statistics indicate that the gender gap has narrowed dramatically in matters of hiring practices, pay scales and educational opportunities -- results that activists have worked long and hard to achieve. But what about the unintended consequences of this newfound freedom? Whoever expected we would have to live with such things as...
- pressure placed on women by their peers to "do more" than be "just a wife and mother"
- the status of a "homemaker" being devalued to something less than that of a serf
There is no higher calling than to be a wife and mother.
- millions of children coming home from school to empty houses
- families that seldom sit down and have a meal together
- women gaining enough financial independence to free them to leave their husbands
- women who don't have the time or energy to cultivate a close relationship with their children and who end up permanently estranged from their grown children
- emotional and physical affairs being fanned by married women spending more quality time with men at work than they do their own husbands
- women being exposed day after day to coarse language and behavior and sexual innuendos in the workplace
- mothers giving their best energy and time to persons other than their husbands and children, leaving those women perpetually exhausted and edgy* * * * * * *
"In determining our priorities as Christian women, we must first ask: Why did God make women? What is His Purpose and Mission for our lives? The Word of God provides women of every generation and culture with the Truth about our created purpose and primary role and calling. When we embrace the Truth and establish our priorities and schedules around it, we experience true liberation." (De Moss)
1) Woman was created by God to be a help meet and companion of Man.Genesis 2:18Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone;I will make him a helper suitable for him."
2) In God's Design, when Man and Woman get married, they are no longer two different individuals but ONE.Gen 2:24Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.Mark 10:8"and the two are united into one.' Since they are no longer two but one,"Matthew 19:6So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”
3) God created a Married Woman to have her husband and children as her priority.
How would you feel if your wife was always outside of the home, working, and following her boss?
"If my wife was always outside of the home, always busy with her work, always jumping at the slightest text or call from her boss, I would feel VERY JEALOUS. When too much respect is given to another man, whether a colleague or (especially) her superior, who gets her TIME, ATTENTION and RESPECT, I would feel a bit threatened.
If there is a LOT of respect for another man and too little for me, I would feel very unloved.
|Ben Tulfo had me as his cohost in Bitag in 2012. He was also my employer. I do respect him a lot, but|
I was always wary not to put him or his opinions, above my husband.
But what if it is the wife that earns more or is providing for the family?
If the woman earns more, the husband would feel that he does not have a say anymore because of the financial aspect and might just keep quiet while already feeling resentful of her and/or the situation. It becomes even more difficult.
Problem is, so many women are like that. They get jumpy and overeager to please their male bosses, all gushy and respectful about them, while leaving no room anymore for respect or eagerness to please their own husbands.
It's common that women are sexually lured by their bosses to have an affair with them. It is common too that women just feel "used" by their bosses in the end, who have no plans of ever leaving their true wives. For the women, the fantasy's over, so welcome back to reality... but they've already fallen into temptation, to the detriment of their husbands.
What should a husband do if his wife is always deferring to her boss over her own husband?
The ideal thing would be to tell his wife to quit and leave it to God and to him (the husband), to provide for their family.
|Pregnant with our first - 2004|
But life is far from perfect and ideal, and so the best thing the husband can do is to GIVE MORE LOVE to his wife. She might be craving for his love. She might even be craving for his attention or (justifiable) jealousy. They should bring their situation to light. Communicate.
He should tell his wife that this extreme closeness or respect for the boss was affecting him as a man and as her husband, and that she should learn to say "NO" to her boss too. She should learn to prioritize. While it is important to respect a superior, she should know her place in the family.
As an employee, one can easily be replaced. But one's role as a wife and mother is irreplaceable.
|Working per se is NOT a problem nor is it a sin. But when one's|
career is taking too much of the wife's/mother's time away from the family,
there is disorder and misplaced priorities. Not God's design for the family or the marriage. - 2010
When the husband says this, he should be gentle but firm. He should not act like a wimp. This would further lead to (more )disrespect."
"The Male Boss vs. The Husband --To Whom Should I Submit?",
if we are to follow God, it must be to our husbands first and foremost, and not to our male bosses. (The world will say otherwise, of course.)
|If you are attracted to your boss, be wary! That might be a snare!|