Here in the Philippines, March is both Fire Prevention Month and Women's Month.
The Legal Mandates of Women's Month are by virtue of:
- Proclamation No. 224 s. 1988 declaring the first week of March each year as Women’s Week and March 8 as Women’s Rights and International Peace Day;
- Proclamation No. 227 s. 1988 providing for the observance of the Month of March as Women’s Role in History Month; and
- Republic Act (RA) 6949 s. 1990 declaring March 8 of every year as National Women’s Day.
The Legal Mandate of Fire Prevention Month is by virtue of :
- I am a Catholic by religion, but I consider myself simply, a "Christian", that is, a follower of Christ. I read my Bible to get to know my faith and Jesus more. I have repented for my numerous sins, and I love the Lord. I have been saved by Jesus in September 1, 2013, following my spiritual awakening, and have found fullness of life and freedom from bondage, after I turned over my life (for REAL), to Jesus Christ. I do not feel the need to shift religions, because I believe that God called me where He found me, as a Catholic. And I have answered Him here, and will serve Him here, in spite of perceived and real Catholic flaws; and by and through the richness of the Catholic Faith. I believe that no matter what denomination, as long as one believes that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and The Life, and has accepted Him as Lord and Savior, then there is no need to be divisive or argumentative. I would rather we focus on our commonalities than our differences. I long for a unified Church minus all the discrimination and un-Christian judgments and misjudgments that "Christians" usually hurl at each other, and Catholics are not excluded from that. I have simplified my faith to focus on Christ alone. In Him alone am I justified. We may disagree or question each other's methods, but please, let us not question each other's hearts. Only God knows what is truly in our hearts.
- After having been convicted by our Lord for my mountains of sin (pride, envy, jealousy, self-righteousness, being judgmental, etc.), I saw myself for who and what I truly was -- a sinful human being -- that needed repentance. The Lord opened my spiritual eyes to show me that all my "righteous acts" were nothing but "dirty, filthy menstrual rags" (Isaiah 64:6) and that I was not righteous at all. Having realized this, I humbled myself before God and asked Him to rule my life. In submitting to the Lord, I also submitted to my God-ordained authority on earth, my husband Dong.
- I practice Biblical submission. To those who do not understand what this is, this is the Bible verse I live by, following my conversion of heart.
- Ephesians 5:22-33 part
22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”[b] 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
The Bible has several passages on that actually. It was very surprising to me when I collated them. Truly, God did not put them out there for nothing. He must know something about the way He wired men and women. He's our Creator after all. ;)
- I believe that marriage is a covenant, not just a piece of paper. I believe that sex within marriage is beautiful and sacred. I believe that we are at a time in history when the Enemy is attacking the very foundation of our human core -- the Family. I believe that now is the time to uphold the marriage tradition and to strengthen its roots in order to raise godly men and women, that will serve as our godly legacy for the generations to come.
|Captain Caleb with co-fireman, Michael Simmons|
Here is the FIREPROOF MARRIAGE FOR DUMMIES (Women's Edition), in no particular order:
'I, ____, take you, ____, to be my lawfully wedded(husband/wife), to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.
31 “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”
I Corinthians 7:5
"Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control."
|March 8, 2014|